1892 COMMON SENSE CUSHION TIRE SAFETY - VERY RARE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mike Cates

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2018 :  16:36:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Click here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/163004060379?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I will sell directly to you off of ebay for the opening bid price UNLESS THERE IS A BID ON MY EBAY AUCTION.

Mike Cates
(760) 473-6201 Voice Calls Only and NO TEXTS WILL BE ANSWERED
cates0321@hotmail.com

Edited by - Mike Cates on 04/19/2018 11:17:06

Joseph Martin

USA
2069 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2018 :  09:55:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike it has been brought to my attention that your use of a 'two-step' "for sale" listing is rather old fashioned, in this modern computer age it is easy to post one or all of your photos of an item here in The Wheelmen site without requiring a reader to first click your eBay link to see your photos.

sorry I brought this up, I'll remove the photo now.
Tony

Edited by - Joseph Martin on 03/08/2018 15:39:50
Go to Top of Page

Mike Cates

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2018 :  14:24:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joseph,
You must realize we are all involved in a big transition time period for older members to get up to speed with what you and some other members already know how to do. Some older members do not care about or even want to learn or use "modern technology" and the proof is the amount of entries that are continually entered quarterly in the "printed paper Wheelmen Newsletter" continually mailed to each member. "Why" do we have The Newsletter if it is assumed that all members are up to speed technically and what is printed in The Newsletter could be done online? The reality is because of this transition period from "mailed paper" to "online use" that we are experiencing. Believe it or not, there are still a big number of long time members whose only contact with the club is the paper mailed The Wheelmen Newsletter and this is their only source for communication of information and they are NOT ONLINE, DON'T OWN A CELL PHONE, and PHONE CALLS AND THE US MAIL IS ALL THEY HAVE KNOWN AND PREFER TO USE. These are the long time members that have a lot of history with antique bicycles before me and most of us. They should have every convenience of the club afforded to them so they can get a younger person to correspond for them during this transition period. You will find these long time members unbelievably knowledgable which is part of our club credo to pass this along.

I am going to respectfully speak for all of you who share my frustration of posting photos on The Wheelmen site.
Many beautiful and interesting bicycles are owned and have been kept by long time members(my self included)and when we are asked to open a photo bucket account or use another server, you might as well be speaking Martian to us. Modern up to date technically members are still complaining of how difficult it is to post photos. They should be a good example to show what I am talking about, right?
Some long time members(myself included) don't like or care to become fluent in modern technology and wonder what ever happened to someone simply calling someone and actually speaking to them? We just want to begin to sell things we've enjoyed for many decades and now it's time to pass them along to the new guard to be their caretakers.
You yourself may find it "easy" to post photos on our site and I'm glad you have this skill but why are so many members who are technically up to date, still frustrated with the difficulty as to "how" to post them on our site. I hear this all the time from them so I am just reflecting their frustration as well.
I realize our site is being updated and appreciate those of you that are contributing to it's updating but, again for the upmteen time the ongoing question, "when is our site going to be made easier to post photos like just about every other site out there?

In summation,I would gladly post photos on our site, 100's of them, but until it is made easier to post photos, why isn't our site as "modern" in this "modern computer age" as you state and why I'm so incorrect in doing things the "old fashioned" way if our site won't allow anyone with average computer skills to be able to easily post photos?

If the current problem gets updated, I will post photos that will be of interest to anyone involved with antique bicycles.

Sincerely,
Mike Cates, CA.

Edited by - Mike Cates on 03/08/2018 14:37:56
Go to Top of Page

Giovanni LiCalsi

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  20:47:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iím very computer savvy for a 67 year old man, but canít figure out the photo account sites.
Maybe a wreckingball needs to tear down this site build a more up to date site, that is more user friendly. It needs to be more cell phone friendly, as well. What I mean is that the script can be much larger, especially for the vision impaired, for smart phone use.
Create a forum format similar to The Cabe.

Kind regards,
Giovanni

Edited by - Giovanni LiCalsi on 03/14/2018 20:49:51
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Wheelmen © 2001-2017 The Wheelmen. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page