1896 CAPITOL LADIES PNEUMATIC SAFETY
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mike Cates

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2018 :  22:25:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Click here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/163006656220?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I am relisting this due to a deadbeat ebay bidder that has misused ebay on mine and another Wheelmen collector's ebay auctions. STEER CLEAR OF DEALINGS OR TAKING BIDS FROM THESE PERSONS. One scammer is Rocco Belcastro and his ebay user name is rocc_belca and his email name is gabriellbelcastr0 and is from Gainesboro, Virginia. His excuse for not following through with my auction is that he actually won was that he couldn't remember he put a bid on it after 10 days and stated "it was soo long ago" when he put the bid on it. How could you not remember putting a bid on something just 10 days prior and having ebay send you winning bid notices and me replying twice after the auction ended for his shipping address information? His obscene language and misuse of ebay is now known by them.
He himself or his "ring of scammers" are also operating "junk accounts" with ebay names of jaly-12 linked to Jane Lynn 182778 N 2800 Road, Comanche, Oklahoma and musclebikemuseum linked to Lou Makrigiannias at 111 Elm St., Somervile, Mass.

Just posting this so others steer clear of these ebay scammers and mis-users. Ebay and Paypal are now investigating this issue as they were in a legal binding contract with ebay once a bid is placed.
When you place your bid it is your "word" and obviously this didn't happen with this person or people.

I will sell directly to you off of ebay for the opening bid price UNLESS THERE IS A BID PLACED ON MY EBAY AUCTION.

Mike Cates
(760) 473-6201 Voice Calls Only and NO TEXTS WILL BE ANSWERED.
cates0321@hotmail.com

Edited by - Mike Cates on 04/20/2018 17:42:52

Rob Horwitz

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2018 :  18:10:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike,
You have been selling these for months on E bay. I think many Wheelmen would agree that if you want to advertise your bikes on the Wheelmen site you should put them all in one posting rather than obliterate the entire for sale section with these listings. Thanks.
Rob
Go to Top of Page

Mike Cates

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2018 :  20:58:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rob,
Since we are now discussing things publically which I don't like to do, I want to be clear to not make the following sound disrespectful to you or anyone involved but rather be a constructive discussion as I do see your point but please listen to my concerns.
First off, I don't think this subject of putting "too many" For Sale postings on The Wheelmen site has come up before and, correct me if I am wrong, if it has been an objectionable topic to the "many Wheelmen that agree" as you currently stated, I am unaware of it until now. I know you personally have corresponded on not liking seeing my postings over and over again on ebay but I considered that one man's complaint but now it is objectionable to you on this site as well.
I too can state a point that "many Wheelmen" are frustrated with how often our site goes down and can't be accessed. I think the logo of the guy in the inner tube in water with the sharks around him should be changed to a guy in a canoe "going up XXXX creek without a paddle" reflecting how antiquated our site is. I realize and appreciate our site is being worked on to make it better but this is frustrating, as I'm sure you would agree, when people have a limited time during the day or evening to see what is being posted on our site and it is not working.
To answer your request, I had put a "one posting" on our site sometime ago entitled ANTIQUE BICYCLES FOR SALE but all I could do was make a continuing list with prices but with NO PHOTOS which tell the story much further than a written description.
I have had to revert to ebay, start a auction and link it to my posts which is time consuming but I can run the marathon if that's what it takes to get photos on our site easily and this is what I've had to do. I realize, like you suggest, that this could all be done on "one posting" but consider the following:
Respectfully to you and to others who may share your frustration with my postings, yet not knowing much about technology myself concerning the storage capability of the server The Wheelmen site uses, my concern is will there be enough storage for all I have to post on "one posting"? I literally have 1000's of items to still be posted, not to mention the even more storage space that will be needed for photos on each posting within this one posting "if and when" we can post photos "easily".
Let's put it up for a vote, would people like to go continually through "one posting" with a lot, I MEAN A LOT of pages to search for what they want OR keep the For Sale and other columns continually churning for daily viewing?
If "one posting" is what the person in charge of the technical end of our site wants and can assure me and all of us of sufficient storage for "one posting", get ready for a Gone With The Wind novel length of a continually long time seemingly never ending "one posting" that I will do if required.

Mike Cates, CA.

Edited by - Mike Cates on 03/07/2018 21:47:06
Go to Top of Page

Dick Rath

USA
239 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2018 :  22:42:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,

If this is actually going to be put to a vote, please consider my vote a resounding no to the idea of a one posting requirement for multiple listings. On the record I'd like to say that I very much enjoy scrolling through your listings, clicking on the eBay auction listing you provide, and perusing the pictures of some of the most amazing ordinaries, hard tire safeties, and pneumatic safeties. Frankly I cannot understand objections to your many postings and I find it difficult to understand that what you do could be construed as "obliterating the entire for sale section"of our website. For any visitors to our website, be they a regular user or an occasional browser, as one scrolls through the for sale section or the Wheelmen Talk section one only clicks on what actually interests them. I do not understand what the objection might actually be. If the intimation is that you are "hogging" the section with multiple ads I, for one, do not see it that way at all; quite the contrary, as one who is always in either a buy or sell frame of mind I wish there were more websites with offerings that interest, intrigue, and sometimes even excite me.

I honestly would have thought your multiple listings would have drawn comments expressing wonder and admiration toward the incredible and rare machines you own, have collected, and now are willing to share with your fellows who ante up a few dollars every year to be included in this unique sharing organization that brings great joy to many if not all of it's members.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Wheelmen © 2001-2017 The Wheelmen. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page