Wheelmen Talk
 Original or 'Modern' collapsible drinking cups
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DeLombardR

USA
1760 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2017 :  08:46:14  Show Profile  Visit DeLombardR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I found these two drinking cups at an antique store yesterday.
The smaller one is 2" in diameter and stands 2-3/4" when opened.
The larger one with a foot is 2-1/2" in diameter and stands 3" tall when opened.
Are these for the ladies when riding out of town for a picnic outing when riding safeties?

Edited by - DeLombardR on 12/19/2017 08:54:48

DeLombardR

USA
1760 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2017 :  21:12:53  Show Profile  Visit DeLombardR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Some folks replied to me showing their cups of this style WITH LEATHER COVERED CASES!

Well, I returned to the antique store today, and sure enough, in my haste the other day, I hadn't realized those brown, round cases had cups inside! So, two more came home with me today along with one hiding in a screwed-together metal case.

The cup on the left is amazingly clean and shiny! Probably from being left in the cover, I suppose. The center cup is similar to the smaller one I purchased the other day.

So, now I'm a cup collector! Actually, I hope to offer several of these at the Memorabilia Meet in March. I'll keep one or two for a quick drink 'out on the road'.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Wheelmen © 2001-2017 The Wheelmen. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page