Photobucket
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alan Ponder

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  19:14:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tried to post pics. Says I have to update Photobucket. Any ideas?

Edited by - Alan Ponder on 12/05/2017 19:37:34

Rambler

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  19:42:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alan, Photobucket doesn't work anymore unless you are prepared to pay $400/year. Time to find a different photo posting service such as http://flickr.com/

http://www.thewheelmen.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9010&SearchTerms=photobucket

Edited by - Rambler on 12/05/2017 19:43:12
Go to Top of Page

John Skocdopole

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  19:37:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm happy using Imgur.
Go to Top of Page

Joseph Martin

USA
2005 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  08:59:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you only want to post for a short time, ebay is the quickest (and it is free).
Tony

Edited by - Joseph Martin on 12/07/2017 10:43:16
Go to Top of Page

Mike Cates

USA
1730 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  18:23:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this is going to sound repetitive but WHY do we have to resort to ebay? I'm tired of having to use ebay purely for the sake of ease of posting pictures there. You get all kinds of inquiries from know-it-alls and super low-ballers. Not to mention the fees ebay/Paypal charges, almost as bad as an auction house. I would much rather talk directly with members of the club about a bicycle I have for sale. At least Wheelmen members know about antique bicycles. Since The Wheelmen went online, I have always thought the For Sale/Wanted column was to be a modern extension of what is printed in the Newsletter but with the advantage of the ability to post pictures easily. Well it is NOT and WHY our site isn't as easy to post pictures on as on just about every other site out there, I'm amazed/saddened that in this day and age we aren't up to date. Without the ease of posting pictures for the average computer user (myself included), a lot of rare and interesting things are not being seen.
Mike Cates, CA.

Edited by - Mike Cates on 12/07/2017 20:12:29
Go to Top of Page

Joseph Martin

USA
2005 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  09:28:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry I wasn't more clear when I said 'if you only want to post (photos)for a short time, ebay is the quickest (and it is free).'

I didn't say "list for sale on eBay". I merely said "post photos" from where you can use the 'img' link to display those photo on thewheelmen site as I have done with an old wrench in my post above.

Of course this idea/suggestion is only a 'stop-gap' means of posting while the club discusses changing our site to allow easy photograph hosting/posting.

Tony

Edited by - Joseph Martin on 12/08/2017 09:30:45
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Wheelmen © 2001-2017 The Wheelmen. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page