fully restored ladies TOC Crescent
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joseph Martin

USA
2017 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2017 :  08:04:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dick Rath has this wonderful time capsule ready to be ridden off into the sunset:

Edited by - Joseph Martin on 10/17/2017 15:01:35

velootje

Belgium
87 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2017 :  04:42:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
price ?
Go to Top of Page

Dick Rath

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2017 :  08:44:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Velootje,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Upon completion of this restoration I had, as a courtesy to a European collector who has purchased more than 25 of my previous restorations, emailed to him the same pictures that Tony has been kind enough to post here on our website attached to a price quotation that included the stipulation that he would have first refusal to purchase the bicycle up to and including 10/20/17.

That price quotation was for $5,775. USD. This price would be F.O.B. Albany, NY. Note that the average cost of shipping bicycles to this client over the past few years would add approximately $550. to his total costs.

If the bike remains for sale after October 20th, 2017 I would be open to offers and would consider ones that I consider reasonable.

Dick
Go to Top of Page

Dick Rath

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2017 :  14:21:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Velootje,
I forgot to mention that the Hunt saddle on the Crescent is the one you sent me the lead on from Belgium. Thank you. It is period correct for bike but not an exact match for the original which I had learned was also a Hunt product but a different model.
Dick
Go to Top of Page

Dick Rath

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2017 :  19:07:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This ladies Crescent Model No.18 Chainless bicycle, which Tony (Joseph Martin) was kind enough to post picture of, is now for sale. With the help of a few fellow Wheelmen it was determined the bike was manufactured in 1901.

I will shortly be heading to our winter place in Florida, leaving on January 2nd and returning some time in mid May. Anyone wishing to purchase the bike would have to let me know no later than December 27 th to give me time to prep the bike and package it for shipment.

My original quoted price for the bike to a European collector was $5,700.USD. I would sell the bike today for $3,900. If it's not sold before I leave it will be consigned to The Copake Bicycle Auction with an opening bid of $3,700.

Shipping would be via Bikefliights.com which could be between $100. and $200. depending on the buyers zip code. Pick up is always an option.

The pictures posted here by Tony pretty much describes the bicycle. It has had a full restoration done to very high standard. The tires are the Universal show tires which are not really recommended for riding; if a buyer would like to install a set of R.D. tires I will remove the Universals and credit $250. off the selling price. The rims and rear fender were made for my by Noah Stutzman, the spokes are stainless steel double butted by Childhood Dreams, the Hunt saddle is not original but is period and gender correct; nickel plating is show quality and done by All-Brite Metal Refinishing. All restoration work was done by me in my upstate New York Shop.

The modified display stand will go with the bike.

I'd be please to answer an questions about the bike and it's restoration either on this website, by phone (518-339-7867) or by email (angelasgrandpa@aol.com ).

There are additional pictures on my website: www.timemachineslimited@aol.com" target="_blank">www.timemachineslimited@aol.com

Dick Rath
Go to Top of Page

Rambler

USA
377 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2017 :  20:04:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Rath

There are additional pictures on my website: www.timemachineslimited@aol.com" target="_blank">www.timemachineslimited@aol.com

Dick Rath

Remove the "@aol" from Dick's email link above in order for it to work as a website.

www.timemachineslimited.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Wheelmen © 2001-2017 The Wheelmen. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page