shaft drive help wanted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joseph Martin

USA
2001 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2017 :  17:12:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin in Arizona is looking for an answer to his shaft drive repair question. see his post at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/56103504888/permalink/10155693496079889/

Kurt S.

USA
251 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2017 :  18:22:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just went through this with mine, and it's very easy to do. Kevin is looking at removing the crank shaft with the main gear on it but needs to remove the left crank first. I see by the photo he posted he already removed the circular retainer nut for the left crank on the end of the shaft, so this will or should be easy. Just take a small punch set it against the center of the crank shaft, and give it a wack with a hammer. Be sure to have something to catch the crank shaft on the opposite side as it will slide right out, and the left crank will simultaneously be removed.

Kurt J. Schaak
kurtschaak@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

Kurt S.

USA
251 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2017 :  19:02:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin the two larger rings removed just hold the bearings and you can put those back on, I was only referring to the nut that is at the center of the crank that gets removed with a spanner wrench, or in my case I just used some needle nose pliers opened up enough. I think you have that off already.

Kurt J. Schaak
kurtschaak@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Wheelmen © 2001-2017 The Wheelmen. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page